There are a few churches in Decatur that when I hear are wedding venues for my lovely couples I start to salivate a little (too much information)… like seriously, these are the stop in your tracks gorgeous ‘could shoot inside all day and never get tired of this’ type churches and First United Methodist is one of those churches. Not only is their sanctuary simply stunning but their bridal room is breathtaking and when you add in a beautiful bride dressed to impress you can’t miss.
And that was just the start to my day with Kelly & Josh (and the amazing people they call family and friends). Take a look at what we created on their lovely day….
Why did you choose Sarah Jane Photography? | “We loved your style of shooting. You were very easy to work with as far as helping plan a timeline for the wedding day and getting the shots we for sure wanted.”
What’s your favorite SJP product? | “I loved the time and detail you put into the slideshows. I’m really glad we used one for our wedding ceremony as it provided a little something unique for our day.”
What would you tell another couple thinking about booking SJP for their wedding? | “Every couple has their own taste for every little detail when it comes to wedding planning and the photography is no exception. I would tell them to ‘go with their gut.’ and if they do choose SJP they won’t be disappointed.”
Would you choose SJP to photograph your wedding if you had to do it again? | “Yes. The pictures you took were beautiful and you helped me organize the whole day.”
Who made your event unforgettable?
1. The DJ, Justin Ford. We were very specific in what kind of music we wanted played during dinner and dancing. All country during dinner and all upbeat dance music after.
2. Sweet Life Bakery (Now called Mowery Baking Company). Our cake/cupcakes were awesome looking and tasted amazing. They have recently moved into a building downtown as their business is expanding.
3. Shirley’s in Mt Zion did a great job of helping me design a bouquet that looked beautiful and would withstand the August heat! They will work with any bride on a budget but I thought they were very reasonably priced anyway.
Get the inside look at Kelly & Josh’s big day:
- Ceremony Venue: First United Methodist Church
- Rehearsal Dinner Venue: Paco’s Sol Bistro
- Reception Venue: Masonic Temple
- Caterer: Chef Tippy’s
- Cake: Sweet Life (Mowery Baking Co.)
- DJ: Justin Ford
- Dress Shop (your dress): Formals of Litchfield
- Dress Shop (bridesmaids): Formals of Litchfield
- Guys Apparel: Seno Formalwear
- Flowers: Shirley’s Flower Shoppe